Kick It Touch competitions at Carseldine, Stafford, Taringa and Toowoomba will proceed in light of the Coronavirus outbreak.
We will continue to monitor information from the Australian Department of Health and World Health Organisation. Playing sport is not considered a substantial risk at this point in time.
Over the coming nights there will be a number of preventative measures and recommendations implemented to ensure the safety of all players.
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus.
Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly.
There is strong evidence that it spreads person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Measures at Kick It venues
– Players are strongly encouraged to wash their hands before and after games in the designated toilets, change rooms or wash sinks. Liquid hand wash and alcohol wipes will be readily available. Hand sanitiser may be available at the Kick It marquee.
– Players are encouraged to bring a spare shirt or top to change into following their match to avoid any possible transmission from their jerseys. Wash jerseys on a warm wash.
– End of game handshakes are optional. Alternatively teams may cheers their opposition at the conclusion of their match.
– Players who have flu-like symptoms or are unwell are strongly recommended to stay away from the venue until they have been advised to do so by a medical professional.
– To best track positive cases, team captains must contact their venue manager should a current player contract the virus.
Upcoming competitions and events
Taringa Sunday (April 5th)
Our Taringa Sunday afternoon competition set to start on April 5th remains on. Registrations are open to mens and mixed teams or individuals looking to join a team.
Stafford Wednesday Autumn (April 8th)
Autumn season at Stafford is as per program, weather permitting. Mens and mixed team registrations are open.
LIVIN Charity Event (Mid-May)
Our annual LIVIN Charity Shield will be postponed until early November. Carseldine will play host to the annual charity event.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us or your venue manager.